This beauty product, used to reduce dark circles and wrinkles around the eyes, was created by renowned cosmetic pharmacist Irwin Grams, and is produced in a 70,000 sq. ft. facility in Florida.
SkinPro, the manufacturers of the product, are an effective middle ground option for consumers who want a product that works without undergoing costly injections or any of the side effects that can accompany prescription topical medications.
Oh, in case you’re wondering, you don’t have to worry about needles. They just made the product look like that. It’s actually a cream that comes out as small applications of eye cream.
[box type=”shadow”] Limited Time Special Offer:
Save up to 35% and free express delivery for orders over $200![/box]
If you have fine lines and wrinkles around your eyes, puffiness under your eyes or dark under eye circles and don’t want to have the expense of visits to a cosmetic surgeon to try and improve these problems, you might be interested in giving this serum a shot.
But does it do what it says it does?
What Does Elite Serum Do?
According to its makers, Elite Serum RX will bring about a significant improvement with regular use in the following ways:
- Reduce puffiness under the eyes
- Reduce the appearance of dark under eye circles
- Minimize fine lines, crow’s feet and wrinkles around the eyes
- Improve the tone and firmness of skin around the eyes
- Restore skin elasticity around the eyes
- Brings about a more youthful appearance
How does it go about doing this? I did the research, and this is what I found out …
Ingredients of Elite Serum
The ingredients in Elite Serum look to be a potent, powerful blend of peptides, all pharmaceutical grade and patented. It also includes natural moisturizers. It includes the following:
- Argireline: This patented peptide is the trade name for Acetyl Hexapeptide-3, purported to be the best alternative to having Botox injections. A 2002 study published by the International Journal of Cosmetic Science revealed that a cream with 10% Acetyl Hexapeptide-3 reduced the depth of wrinkles by as much as 30% when used regularly for 30 days.
- SNAP-8: SNAP-8 is an octapeptide and is an elongation of Argireline. Face aging has been shown to be due to changes in the collagen of the skin. SNAP-8 works to prevent wrinkles by toning the muscle contractions that lead to wrinkling.
- Haloxyl: Known scientifically as Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, this trademarked synthetic ingredient peptide works by boosting circulation to the skin around eyes. Basically, it counteracts the effects of gravity that causes fluid to accumulate on your eyelids and under eye areas while you sleep. A study conducted by the cosmetic research and development company, Sederma, found that Haloxyl decreases under eye dark circles by an astounding 600%!
- Eyeliss: Another patented and trademarked ingredient, Eyeliss is a blend of three peptides and formulated to reduce bags under the eyes, as well as dark circles.
- Matrixyl 3000: Contains two matrikines that help with cutaneous repair and restructuring of skin, helping to reduce wrinkles if used on a regular basis.
- SYN-Coll: This ingredient of Elite Serum works by stimulating collagen synthesis in your skin. It activates Tissue Growth Factor, thus plumping your skin and making it appear younger.
Along with these peptides, Elite Serum contains a natural blend of moisturizers such as seaweed extract and hyaluronic acid (a naturally occurring amino acid produced in the body) to retain moisture in the skin.
Hyaluronic acid is also known as Restylane®, a popular cosmetic injection used to both hide and slow the effects of aging on your skin. As you age, your body’s ability to produce this acid decreases.
Let’s begin by looking at the pros of Elite Serum:
- It contains natural ingredients along with other powerful collagens and peptides necessary for skin health and cell regrowth
- It has been extensively researched and tested
- It is widely available at various online and off line retailers
- It’s simple to use
- It has a guarantee in the form of a replacement product recommended by one of their skin care professionals
- There are no reported side effects
Does it work to bring about all of the improvements it says it does?
Testimonials for Elite Serum
Based on various reviews and testimonials all over the internet, the people who love this product greatly outnumber the people who don’t. Let’s take a look at a couple I found around the Internet.
Wendy, on Amazon noticed that the original formula did address the puffiness under her eyes, but after three months, there was no improvement in her dark circles. However, she tried the improved RX formula, and after a week the dark circles were nearly gone.
She also likes the fact that it comes in a syringe, not a jar. That way, there’s no chance of contamination, and you only need a small bead on your finger to rub it in.
Sopnil, on Amazon says that Elite Serum has reduced puffy under eye bags and lightened dark under eye circles, as well as improving the appearance of crow’s feet and wrinkles around the eyes.
Gia, a 52 year old lady, says in her YouTube review of Elite Serum that it has reduced her crow’s feet until you can barely see them, plus helped her under eye puffiness and dark circles. She also comments that she likes the syringe type container because you aren’t putting your hands in it every time you use it, so you aren’t wasting it or contaminating your fingers.
CeCe, another Amazon user, reports that she was skeptical before she tried Elite Serum, but that it tightened the skin around her eyes and helped reduce her dark under eye circles. She says that she uses just a tiny amount each day and it has helped her skin look firmer and younger.
The Bottom Line
Dark circles under the eyes, bags and puffiness, crow’s feet and wrinkles around the eyes … Elite Serum was created to address these specific problems. According to users, only a small amount of the product is required and it is applied just one a day.
It might interest you to know that China has stopped the importation and registration of Elite Serum. The spokesperson for the company, Richard Banks, stated that after looking into the matter, it is SkinPro’s belief that the Chinese consider Elite Serum a drug, due to the strength of its ingredients.
So, it may really be what it bills itself to be: a needle free alternative to Botox and collagen injections!
P.S. Let me know if this product works for you by commenting below. I’d love to hear your thoughts! – Mel