Revitol Eye Cream claims that it can fix what plastic surgery can’t – under eye puffiness and dark circles under your eyes, as well as help diminish the look of fine lines and wrinkles around your eyes.
The company was established back in 2002 and is a member of the Natural Products Association.
This product was designed to help improve the appearance of dark under eye circles and puffiness. These are caused by the breakdown of capillaries close to the surface of your skin.
This is more of a problem for some people than for others, simply because the thinner your skin, and the more fair-colored you are, the more noticeable these things become over time.
The makers state that the cream works by using natural ingredients and a combination of moisturizing emollients to minimize wrinkles, lessen under eye puffiness and lighten under eye circles.
Here is my video of using Revitol, including before and after. I did the full four week treatment, and you can watch my results below.
So, what is in Revitol Eye Cream that can make this happen?
Ingredients in Revitol Eye Cream
Let’s have a look at some of the active ingredients:
- Bisabolol – A natural derivative of the chamomile plant, this ingredient helps to soothe skin while it reduces puffiness.
- Niacinamide – This is a Vitamin B complex that is water soluble and helps your skin to retain its moisture. It’s also known for it’s anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
- Fraxinus excelsior bark extract – The bark of the common ash tree has two ingredients – fraxin and esculin – which help strengthen blood capillaries. This in turn reduces dark circles.
- Capric Triglyceride – A non-greasy oil derived from coconut or oil palm that contributes to the silky and creamy feel of cream. It is also a moisturizer, antioxidant preservative and helps transport vitamins into the skin.
- N-Hydroxysuccinimide – An ester (fat compound) that helps diminish the appearance of dark circles with its ability to reduce the pigmentation factor of your skin.
- Chrysin – A flavonoid extracted from passion flowers. It acts as an anti-inflammatory by breaking down hemoglobin to reduce the darkness and puffiness of under eye circles.
These are some of the main active ingredients in Revitol that helps it do what it was created to do. There are a whole slew of others with unpronounceable names, but when I did the research, they were mainly types of vegetable oils and peptides (special compounds that strengethen the bonds of skin cells.)
For instance, this unpronounceable ingredient looks scary: Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7.
Reading up on it, I found out that yes, it’s synthetic. However, it’s a peptide that suppresses the production of excess interleukins. These are chemicals that inflame an area during an immune response, but too much of it weakens the bonds of the skin. Over time, this causes wrinkles and sagging skin.
When combined with Palmitoyl-Oligopeptide, another peptide, they will together actually regenerate the bonds of skin cells by increasing the production of skin collagen. Cool.
Why Can’t Plastic Surgery Help?
While plastic surgery usually can be helpful for diminishing the appearance of fine lines, crow’s feet and wrinkles around your eyes, it can’t do much for bags or dark circles.
Because these problems are not specifically age-related, and not really anything that can be tweaked and fixed by going under the knife.
Here are some of the reasons you might have dark under eye circles and puffy bags under your eyes:
- Allergies – Certain seasonal allergies can cause dark circles and puffy bags in the under eye area.
- Heredity – Sometimes it’s a roll of your genetic dice and inheriting a familial tendency to have bags and dark circles.
- Dermatitis – If you have fluid accumulation under your eyes, especially if accompanied by itching and/or redness, this could be contact dermatitis.
- Lack of sleep – Not getting enough rest and sleep can cause you to develop dark under eye circles and puffy bags.
- Fluid Retention – Certain factors, such as hormone fluctuations, hot weather, eating too many salty foods…can cause you to retain fluid and have puffiness under your eyes.
- How You Sleep – You are more prone to have fluid accumulate in the tissues under your eyes if you sleep flat on your back.
- Age – Although bags and dark circles aren’t strictly due to age, aging can play a part in making these problems worse because your skin thins as you get older.
It’s easy to see, from the causes of dark circles and puffiness under your eyes, why cosmetic surgery wouldn’t alleviate the problem.
Revitol Eye Cream is supposed to address and improve the problems of dark circles, bags under your eyes and wrinkles around your eyes, too. Let’s see what users have had to say about this product.
Testimonials for Revitol Eye Cream
Overall, it seems that the majority of people who use Revitol Eye Cream are happy and satisfied with the results.
Ukritic has great feedback from a Revitol user who says that it did “wonders” in a short amount of time.
A review from a user on YouTube says that the results are amazing. She compares it favorably to Estee Lauder products, saying it is half the price and works better to reduce fine lines and wrinkles and helps to get rid of puffy under eye bags within a minute or so after application.
Another YouTube reviewer says that the puffiness under her eyes began to diminish after she started using the product, and that her dark circles showed a big improvement, too.
It is hard to believe that any product could be perfect, so maybe we should look at the down sides of Revitol Eye Cream.
Pros and Cons of Revitol Eye Cream
First, let’s list the pros of using Revitol Eye Cream:
- Reasonably inexpensive
- Active ingredients are all-natural products
- Addresses problems that most skin care products don’t
- Non greasy
- Penetrates your skin quickly
- No side effects known
- 100% guarantee.
Now, the flip side of the coin with the down side to using Revitol Eye Cream:
- Not widely available and only sold online, either on the manufacturer’s website or internet retailers.
- Lots of scientific-sounding names in the ingredient list, but as I said above, they are mainly plant oils and peptides.
There have been no side effects ever reported from using Revitol Eye Cream.
My Personal Results
I really enjoyed using the cream. As you can see in my video above, I bought the product myself and used it for four weeks, as directed. The cream had a thick and creamy texture, and absorbed into the skin right away. I used it morning and evening, and almost immediately began to see a diminishing of fine lines. Here’s the full results:
Week 1: Softening of fine lines and wrinkles, but no effect on dark circles
Week 2: Further reduction of wrinkles and crows feet, puffiness and bags under my eyes are diminished or completely gone. Dark circles still around.
Week 3: Continuing improvement in skin texture, no bags, some fading of dark circles.
Week 4: More fading of dark circles, but they are still there. Crows feet and wrinkles aren’t noticeable.
So, it didn’t quite get rid of those pesky dark circles, but for a mid-priced eye cream, I’m very happy with the results, and I don’t look as tired as I used to.
As you can see in the picture, blemishes and wrinkles softened and disappeared, as shown on the bottom left of each picture. A bit of dark circles but a lot less “depth” to them, so I’m quite satisfied with the results.
The Bottom Line
The bottom line on Revitol Eye Cream is overwhelmingly positive.
It has a lot going for it and won’t cost an arm and a leg if it doesn’t work for you, besides having a full 90 day guarantee on all unopened products.
Yet another perk to Revitol Eye Cream is that the company offers a fantastic unlimited refill program in which you only pay $16.97 each month for a refill of your product, which DOES includes shipping. There is no membership to join in order to get this perk and no automatic shipments to worry about.
When you need a refill, you simply let them know! They will not automatically send you a jar every month … in the past with other products (not Revitol’s) customers were complaining about the complex process of halting automatic billing. So you don’t have to worry about this.
Once you’re low on your cream, there is a special website Revitol will direct you to. Type in your refill number and order it (minimum 30 days) to receive the discount membership price. That’s it.
If you are plagued by dark circles and puffy bags under your eyes and/or wrinkles around your eye area, give Revitol Eye Cream a try!